Dashboard Guide: Publishing to the Web
Imagine you’re a business owner who wants to share key performance metrics with your team. Publishing a dashboard to the web is an excellent way to achieve this, making it accessible and interactive for your audience.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you publish a dashboard to the web, with some helpful tips and tricks along the way:
- Prepare your dashboard: Assuming you’ve already created your dashboard, make sure it’s polished and ready to go live. Double-check that you’ve removed sensitive information and that the data source connections are working correctly.
- Set up sharing permissions: Before publishing, configure the sharing settings according to your preference. For instance, you can make it public on the web or restrict access to specific people or groups.
- Publish the dashboard: With sharing permissions set, it’s time to publish your dashboard. Follow the steps provided by your dashboarding platform to publish your dashboard, such as clicking the “Share” or “Publish” button.
- Generate the public URL: Follow the steps provided by your dashboarding platform to generate the public URL for your dashboard, such as clicking the “Embed” or “Share” button.
- Share the URL: Distribute the public URL to your audience, and they’ll be able to access the dashboard without needing special permissions. You can share the URL via email, messaging platforms, or even post it on your company intranet.
CAUTION: It’s important to keep in mind that sharing the public URL makes your dashboard accessible to anyone with the link, so you should be careful about what information you display on the dashboard and who you share the link with.
And there you have it! Your dashboard is now published on the web and accessible to your intended audience. As your business evolves, remember to keep your dashboard up-to-date and adjust sharing permissions as needed.