7th – 10th Grade: STEM Camp Scholarships
QuantHub is awarding scholarships up to $500 to talented 7th-10th grade students interested in attending a summer science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) camp or program hosted by an Alabama college or university. Get inspired at your dream school this summer!
Scholarship winners will be selected by a panel of reviewers based on factors including: demonstrated interest in data-driven STEM careers, engagement in the QuantHub platform, academic excellence, and extracurricular involvement.
Scholarships will be paid directly to the host school or camp provider. Parental consent and a signed media release will be required before a scholarship is awarded.
- Must be a student in 7th-10th grade enrolled in an Alabama middle or high school during the 2023-2024 academic year
- Have an active QuantHub student account and demonstrate engagement in the platform by mastering skills and earning Neurons
- Suggested goals for a strong application: Earn 10,000+ Neurons, master 10+ skills, or routinely spend ~1 hr/week learning in QuantHub
- Need an account? Email email@example.com
- Submit a scholarship application form no later than April 1, 2024
- At time of application, provide proof of registration for a STEM-focused residential or day camp in summer 2024
Several recommended camp opportunities may be found below. Please note, this list is not exhaustive!
Any camp or similar paid STEM educational activity which will be facilitated by an Alabama college or university may be considered. If you are unsure if the program you have applied to qualifies for scholarship consideration, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alabama A&M University Summer Programs & Camps (Multiple Opportunities)
Auburn University College of Engineering Summer Camps (Multiple Opportunities)
Lawson State Community College STEM Programs (Multiple Opportunities)
Tuskegee University Summer Programs (Multiple Opportunities)
University of Alabama in Birmingham Tech Camp (Hosted by id Tech)
11th & 12th Grade: Data Science Internships
With generous support from Innovate Alabama, QuantHub is proud to launch Alabama Data Scholars, an 8-week summer internship and skills development program designed to introduce high school juniors and seniors across the state to high-demand careers in the growing field of data science.
The inaugural class of 25 Alabama Data Scholars will be selected from a pool of Finalists and placed into internships with innovative organizations leveraging data to make a positive impact on the state.
During the program session, Scholars will also:
- Build valuable skills in data analysis, visualization, business analytics, statistics, Python, and SQL
- Gain exposure to emerging artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) applications
- Explore academic opportunities at Alabama colleges and universities
- Hear from special guest speakers
- Participate in professional development and mentoring activities
- Network with industry leaders and a diverse cohort of like-minded peers
- Receive a $500 scholarship awarded upon successful program completion.
Applications are open through March 1, and any Alabama high school junior or senior who will be at least 16 years old by June 1 is eligible to participate.
No prior experience or skills are necessary to apply. Students interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) careers may benefit most from participation, but all students eager to learn are welcome and encouraged to submit an application.
Virtual and in-person internship opportunities will be available, and Scholars must be able to commit approximately 20 hrs/week to both “live” and asynchronous activities for the duration of the program.
Application review will begin after the March 1 deadline. Finalists will be announced by March 15.
Finalists will be determined based on a combination of factors including: interest in data science careers and data skills development, academics and extracurricular involvement, engagement in QuantHub, and a demonstrated desire to innovate and drive positive change in Alabama.
The 2024 Data Scholars cohort and internship assignments will be announced on or before May 1.
We are limited to 25 Scholars for the summer 2024 program.
Questions? Email Kelsey Bickett, Program Manager, at email@example.com.