2024 Partnering Internship Hosts
Interested in hosting a Scholar intern? Alabama employers can register here until March 1.
With generous support from Innovate Alabama, QuantHub is proud to launch Alabama Data Scholars, an 8-week summer internship and skills development program designed to introduce high school juniors and seniors across the state to high-demand careers in the growing field of data science.
The inaugural class of 25 Alabama Data Scholars will be selected from a pool of Finalists and placed into internships with innovative organizations leveraging data to make a positive impact on the state.
During the program session, Scholars will also:
- Build valuable skills in data analysis, visualization, business analytics, statistics, Python, and SQL
- Gain exposure to emerging artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) applications
- Explore academic opportunities at Alabama colleges and universities
- Hear from special guest speakers
- Participate in professional development and mentoring activities
- Network with industry leaders and a diverse cohort of like-minded peers
- Receive a $500 scholarship awarded upon successful program completion.
Applications are open through March 1, and any Alabama high school junior or senior who will be at least 16 years old by June 1 is eligible to participate.
No prior experience or skills are necessary to apply. Students interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) careers may benefit most from participation, but all students eager to learn are welcome and encouraged to submit an application.
Virtual and in-person internship opportunities will be available, and Scholars must be able to commit approximately 20 hrs/week to both “live” and asynchronous activities for the duration of the program.
Selection Criteria & Timeline
The 2024 Data Scholars cohort and internship assignments will be announced on or before May 1.
We are limited to 25 Scholars for the summer 2024 program.
Questions? Email Kelsey Bickett, Program Manager, at email@example.com.
Industry Partners: We Need Internship Hosts!
Invest in the future of Alabama’s data-driven workforce and reinforce your incoming talent pipeline by hosting a Scholar-intern in summer 2024.
We are seeking partnering companies to host Scholars in internships for ~10-15 hrs/wk this summer. We welcome participation from organizations in any job sector who are based in Alabama and creatively harnessing quantitative data to drive business, solve complex technical problems, and positively impact the state.
Corporations, startups, non-profits, and government entities are all welcome to participate!
We welcome any entry-level intern projects related to data science and are accepting student applications for both on-site and virtual internships. (Virtual internship projects recommended for more equitable statewide access!)
- Your company will play a leading role introducing students across Alabama to career possibilities in data science
- Mentor a no-cost summer intern selected BY YOU from a pool of talented Finalists. Comprehensive internship administrative support provided.
- Plus, additional opportunities to:
- Share your organization’s resources, job openings, and promotional materials with the entire Alabama Data Scholars cohort and educator network
- Speak to Scholars about your unique career path, share why you enjoy working with data, and offer tips for success in college and beyond
- Schedule a virtual “visit” for Scholars to meet your team, tour your workplace, and see data skills at work in a fresh context
- Integrate your organization’s content into the QuantHub K12 platform—Get into the classroom during the 2024-2025 school year and help students connect the data skills they are building with your real-world, local impact
Registration is free and does not obligate you to host an intern if your project needs change or we are unable to secure preferred candidate(s).
If you have questions or would like to learn about other ways to partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.